Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bits and Pieces


Or...maybe Bits and PCs (as in the type of computer rather than political correctness. Oh wait, maybe they are related after all! heh.) ANYWAY...In case you didn't actually look at my delicious bookmarks from my previous post, there are a few interesting (and current) ones that deal with social media and how it will weather (or thrive) in a poor economy. One linked to another but here they are separately.

Four Social Media Questions You Must Answer During an Economic Downturn
From Jeremiah Owyang a web strategist.

He updates that post with a link to another post entitled: How Will a Recession Affect Social Media which includes discussion about the opportunities that adversity can bring -- I always love that perspective! From the tags on that post I found another of the same Australian author's post, applicable as well as intriguing.

James Duthie's Blog included an earlier post entitled Explaining the Social Web to Clients Something we might learn from as we attempt to explain to others what "New Media" is all about. However the really fun (weird?) thing to me here is that he uses a very similar analogy to the one I used in my recent posts, (that included the notions of space, universe, planets, orbits, etc.)

0 comments: